Well it was finally time for Caroline's first haircut. It was a rainy day our only obligations were an appointment at the gym nursery at noon and getting my flu shot at the Inverness office. So to kill a little time before the gym, I asked Caroline if she would like to get a trim. She said she didn't want 'JuJu hair' she wanted princess hair (meaning not short, but long). I assured her a trim and she asked 'a little tiny one?' We went to Gates of Pearl, because I had seen a sign one day on my way to Publix saying 'walk-ins welcome'. It is a salon/spa and looked nice from the outside, so I thought Caroline might like it. She had her 'happy feet' while we waited in the entrance by the fountain (she said 'oh wow') for the receptionist to find us just the right person for Caroline's big trim. Mr. Ben was our stylist. Being a dad himself he knew just how to make her feel at ease and like a princess. She only got one inch cut, but just sat there and didn't move unless he told her to. Clark slept in his seat through the entire haircut.

Mr. Ben explaining to Caroline what he was going to do. Also, asking her what she was for Halloween.

Mr. Ben explaining to Caroline what he was going to do. Also, asking her what she was for Halloween.

They put a little booster seat in the chair and this is how she sat and looked so comfy.

Then Mr. Ben twirled her around and made her feel beautiful. He walked her up to the receptionist and asked her if she would like to be his assistant for the day and she said 'sure'! Mr. Ben even saved her hair for me. Maybe next time I can talk her into a little more of a trim, but I am very pleased with her first haircut experience.


3 comments:
what a cute and sweet princess. glad it went well
She such a doll!
Glad you had a better experience than we did!!!
Post a Comment