Loving the beautiful flowers, warm weather, and sunshine!
After church the kids were entertained by Josh’s chicken dance while I attempted to snap a few pics of them. Clark just looks worried:)
Caroline snapped a quick picture of us after lunch. She LOVES taking pictures!
Then we headed over to Briarwood for a Briarwood Ballet Immanuel performance. One of her ballet teachers, who is a senior in HS, will be traveling to Northern Ireland to present the gospel through ballet. Caroline loved being able to see her teacher dancing. She can’t wait to be on stage herself, next month. She already told Josh that she wants him to bring her pink flowers!
JuJu came to visit and go for her check up at Kirklin. Praise be to God that everything looked good. Caroline and Clark enjoyed seeing her, but of course didn’t want her to leave.
Dancing and twirling like Miss Emilee…
Caroline has a full of challenging questions and funny dialogue. She loves to go and check the mail and see if there is anything for her. Her favorite is a party invitation and her second favorite is a new dress. She actually thinks the mailman knows her size and that her favorite color is pink. Caroline got a new dress the other day tried it on twirled around and said ‘I must thank the mailman. I love this dress!’ If she doesn’t have anything she takes it personally and is ‘mad’ at the mailman, no matter how much I try to explain it to her.
We are reading a night time children’s devotional book. Caroline loves it. We were reading the Chapter about Jesus being tempted in the desert for 40 days and nights by Satan. Which brought up many, many questions not all very appropriate for sweet dreams. She asked, ‘Where is Satan? Where does he live? I thought he was a snake? Is he always a snake?’ Caught a bit off guard and not wanting to overwhelm her, I just told her he lives down below. She asked if he is always looking at her and if he can see her bum…since she was lying in her bed….oh my!!! I told her he wasn’t powerful like that and that God lives inside of her and that she doesn’t have to worry about him to much. Then she asked who made him, why is he bad and on and on and on… Luckily Josh finished putting Clark to bed and came in to help explain Satan to our 4 year old. Josh explained that he was an angel but became proud and wanted to be like God. She seemed satisfied with our answers, for now. She keeps me on my toes and studying my Bible for sure.
3 comments:
oh i love spring and i love the springy pics you got, especially those on the swing. cant wait to make a trip to the gardens myself. also so glad to hear the your mom's checkup went well and i love the BW pic of her and caroline.
When I first read the title to your blog I thought - her mailman's name is Satan?!?
Sweet Caroline and her deep questions! Love all the pics!
1st of all...Jamie's comment cracked me up!
Colton has the same view of the mailman that Caroline has. He always wants to know if the mailman is bringing him something. If my mom asks him: "where did you get that new pirate costume?" He says: "from the mail".
And Colton has had lots of questions about the "debil" (as he calls it) lately too. I try to explain the best I can, but don't want him to become to obsessed with that. Guess that's when you need to let the Spirit lead your discussion.
Miss y'all.
Post a Comment