My first 8th grade class of sweet girls just graduated from college. Am I sharing this because it makes me feel old? I think it just makes me realize how precious time is, how fleeting these days are, and how growing up is tough. The past two weeks we have been spending a lot of time at home tending to the garden, making quilt forts all over the house, playing little people, catching rolly pollies, giggling, and just enjoying each others company. Sure these kids can be exhausting, whiny and demanding, but also funny, adorable, creative, and so full of love. What am I going to choose to focus on? I was struck after reading this post. Am I speeding through the sacred and denying the giving of a blessing? I have the choice. It is not always the easy choice, but I am thankful for the opportunity to give a blessing. To quote the mentioned post above, Kristen writes this powerful reminder, ‘My love for her is what God is using right now to reveal His love for her, to display His glory to her young heart, to generously meet her needs and comfort her soul. And the sheer pleasure I show in being with her pales in comparison to the delight over her that comes from God alone.’ So thankful for this reminder. May I treasure the opportunities to be a blessing to these kiddos and always point them to the perfect never ending love of God.
Zephaniah 3:17 “The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exalt over you with singing.”
Now a few pics:
Our own Jackie O
My gardeners are ever so helpful and just as excited about it as I am. Hope they eat the vegetables.
Clark loves few things more than mowing and checking out the plants.
A few pictures from Mother’s Day:
Lunch date on the porch:
Caroline checking out the gardens growth while she was in school for three hours.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Speeding through the sacred?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sweet post and most precious, beauitful children!!!
Post a Comment