Yesterday Caroline and I had fun going to our friend Debbie's house to work on some bows. Caroline of course wanted to see exactly what we were doing the entire time. I really appreciate Debbie sharing all of her bow making secrets. She thinks she can teach me to smock, too...we'll see! We made some little bows, but this bigger one was my favorite.
3 comments:
I really want to learn to smock as well. Maybe one day you can teach me !!!
You are so creative!! I mean seriously... you make invitations... bows... GORGEOUS photographs... what will be next?!
Cute bow-I'll have to look up how to make that one too! I learned how to make some after figuring out that they were at least $4 apiece and I wanted one to match every outfit...
Smocking is not difficult at all. I've made Elena at least 8 things (that my pregnant brain can currently remember), and I have about 10 inserts presmocked to go in outfits when she's bigger or we have a boy. I took a two hour class at a sewing shop and bought a book of smocking stitches, and that was it! Just some encouragement-the reason it's so expensive to buy is because it's extremely time consuming, but it's really easy to do. If you want to send me your email, I have directions for really adorable bows that I'll send you. It's aksprinkle@gmail.com.
Post a Comment