Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Still recovering from an egg-hausting weekend


Well....Dad's Saturday morning gourmet omelets, the Toline Family recipe Swedish pancakes, chocolate chocolate chip pound cake, cookies, birthday cake and the like are out of the picture for sweet little Caroline. Friday night we found out the hard way, that she is allergic to eggs. She had an anaphylactic allergic reaction which resulted in a trip to the Children's ER at the nurse's insistance. It was a very long night and stretched into the wee hours of the morning. The good news, was that our ER doctor was our across the street neighbor in our old house, so he took great care of little C. Long story short, the medications she has been on since then have made her jittery and unable to take naps or sleep much... We have an appointment with the allergist in the next couple of weeks, so maybe we can hear some good news...like she will grow out of it or something!

Here are some pictures from the other day. She is doing this new thing where she will bat her eyes. I don't know if she's trying to be cute or if it's because her hair is now so long that it gets into her eyelashes...



Thanks for these adorable little Robeez, JuJu!

Mom...are you done taking pictures of me yet? Poor thing!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jill said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about Caroline's allergy and your LONG night in the ER. Hopefully, the allergist will have good news for you. I'll say an extra little prayer for Caroline, and for you too!

The Cosby's said...

Hopefully she will grow out of it! She is going to be a professional model soon..lol Love the new habit, hope she will show me in person.

Brandi said...

I'm so sorry! Preston and I are allergic to eggs, too. It's no fun. Preston is also allergic to wheat and nuts. We found out the hard way, too. Luckily his first reaction wasn't as bad. Though he has had one ER visit due to touching the inside of an empty can of cashews. Food allergies are very scary. Best of luck with the allergist.

newmanfamily said...

That is rough! John was allergic to milk when we tried to switch him over, luckily he outgrew it. One of my friends from Columbus son was allergic to eggs. I know she did a lot of recipe searching online for cakes without eggs and such for him. I will see if she still has those because I think he outgrew it.
Lori

Kimberly said...

I am so sorry to hear that. We recently spent the night at Childrens ER when we found out the hard way that Henry was allergic to Cashews. I understand how scary it can be. I guess you are now an Epi-pen carrier like me. What allergist are they sending you to. We took Henry to Dr. Larussa at St. Vincent's because there are no Children's allergists here in Florence. Keep up updated. I hope she is only going to be allergic to eggs and nothing else and that she will out-grow the allergy. Poor thing!

Dana said...

oh yikes! what a scare - i'm so sorry that you guys went through that!!! keeping c in prayer!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! What a crazy thing! A good friend of ours has a child allergic to eggs, and I know she has to be really careful because so many things contain them. Luckily, her doctor told her that many kids grow out of egg allergies! That must have been scary...