Uncle Cole is offically finished with his first year of medical school. He is doing really well and we are all proud of him. I told Caroline that Uncle Cole was coming to visit and of course she was excited. Then she kept saying 'Uncle Cole will fix that' to everything from the ripped page in her Madeline library book to the turned sprinkler head in the backyard. Cole and I really tried to rack our brains and figure out why she thought Uncle Cole was going to do all this stuff, he is really not that handy:) I recalled a conversation with Caroline from January when she was asking me about who works and who goes to school (grandparents, cousins, friends, etc...) one day on her way to MDO. She asked if Uncle Cole went to work and I told her was in school so he could be a doctor and help people. Voila...help people, that is what stuck with her, she wanted Uncle Cole to 'help' her!

Cole's 25th birthday present, a new nephew.

Cole's 25th birthday present, a new nephew.

Cole and me, April 22, 1985 at St. Vincent's Hospital. Although I had my doubts, it does appear that they have redecorated since 1985.


2 comments:
I LOVE the old picture of you two; how incredibly special. also, good job cole in finishing one year
That picture of you holding Cole looks just like Caroline, wow!!! Isn't amazing what kids remember?! I love being an aunt so I know that made Cole proud.
Post a Comment