Thursday, January 27, 2011

Changes and confessions

I've heard it said that there is no such thing as a part-time job, boy is that ever true! After much thought, prayer, and consideration I have decided to re-prioritize my time and energy. My two words for 2011 are SIMPLIFY and PRIORITIZE. Therefore, I will no longer continue Alicia Hale Photography. I know I say that after every Christmas card season, but this time I really mean it; because even January and February are becoming out of control. I'm even selling most of my professional equipment (so I won't be tempted to 'work someone in'...I have a hard time saying 'no'). I want to be able to enjoy my children and not feel like I need to be editing, uploading, ordering, or the like. Josh has been amazingly supportive throughout the entire business endeavor, but babysitting every Saturday/Sunday is probably not really his idea of a great weekend (or taking two kids to birthday parties alone). I am very thankful that I had the privilege of photographing so many wonderful families and consider my time as a photographer a true blessing. Now with two increasingly active children it is time to devote my time fully to my family.

In keeping with prioritizing and simplifying...we are also working on some changes around the house. I will post some before photos soon. Who doesn't love a good before/after.

5 comments:

The Cosby's said...

I'm sad but totally understand! Hope to see you and the kiddos out and about with this nice weather coming up!!

newmanfamily said...

That just means we will get to see more photos of some of our favorite kiddos!! It is all about priorities for sure, I decided not to do a morning Bible study this winter because I felt it was taking away from a chunk of time I have with John before he starts school. Burt and I are starting one together instead and just this morning a friend decided we needed to start an Army wives study while our kids are in preschool. God honors when we listen!! Hope to be through soon to see you guys :)

The Penter Family said...

We will miss having you in the picture taking biz. BUT I totally understand your decision. This is your season to be a wife and a mother and that is more important than anything else. I'm sure you are doing exactly what God wants you to do. I think you are an awesome mom and your kids are going to be so happy to have you around more. Love you. Miss you and C!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

proud of you!!! i know that was hard...it's hard for robyn and i too. i may be doing the same! our kids will only be toddlers once! :)

Abbie said...

I know there are so many people sad to see your talent leaving the photog market, but I totally understand how that kind of job can be so very overwhelming. Good for you!

Can you email me the equipment you are selling? Any lenses?