Thursday, January 26, 2012

Who is the Holy Spirit?, 21, sew fun, & Dr. Clark

Driving in the car the other morning, Caroline asked, ‘so who is the Holy Spirit?’  I said…what??  She said, “if God made us, and Jesus died on the cross for us so that we can go to heaven…who is the Holy Spirit?"  Deep thoughts come early in the morning with Caroline.  So there I was driving down 280 trying to explain the trinity to my 4 year old.  He is God, just like Jesus is God, but the Holy Spirit lives inside of us.  He helps us, comforts us, guides us, and convicts us when we are not doing what is right.  She seemed to understand and even said oh He helps me show God’s love.  Then low and behold later this week our Bible Study was on the Holy Spirit.  What a reminder of the wonderful, mysterious power we have, living inside of us that we don’t tap into enough.  This has been a very convicting week.  Thank you Caroline for never ceasing to challenge me in everyway possible and realizing just how much I need to rely on the Holy Spirit.  I may need to be registering for a seminary degree in the near future.

_DSC0786_DSC0733_DSC0740_DSC0778

Yes, it was 7AM and this sweet sister was having a dance fest!  As well as making some silly faces for the camera.

_DSC0807

Clark is now 21 months old.  He does some funny stuff.  Every morning while I’m brushing my teeth he runs to Josh’s side of the sink and gets the huge bottle of mouthwash and brings it to me.  He puffs his cheeks full of air and shifts it from side to side.  He wants me to do the same, he directs me to spit, and then breath in this face.  Future dentist?  He likes to draw on sis’s whiteboard and I will call out the letters for his name, he pretends to write them and the says excitedly…CLARK, yay!  He has added a new dance move that resembles a groovy chicken, very entertaining.  He is rough and tumble, but oh so very loving.  He is now giving big bear hugs by requests.  Caroline and I can’t get enough.  Love, love our little guy.  Oh and he’s doing some ‘faces’ on requests scroll and you will see ‘funny’, ‘cute’, and ‘cuddly’…

_DSC0858_DSC0866_DSC0886_DSC0994_DSC1108_DSC1016_DSC1053_DSC1127_DSC1130

My mother-in-law bought me a sewing machine for Christmas.  I’m teaching myself via online tutorials. 

My first project was an upcycle, a stained seersucker bishop into a summer skirt…f _DSC1225

Then I found some fun fabric and made a skirt for my neighbor’s upcoming birthday and an owl applique to match her party theme. 

_DSC1209Caroline was very insistent that I put a tag on the back of the shirt that said exactly that… 

Oh and once I made one for Bella, Caroline wanted one, too.

_DSC1215_DSC1218_DSC1229_DSC1233_DSC1250_DSC1251

Dr. Clark tries to take his own temperature by sticking the thermometer into his longalls and thinks it is soooo funny!  Still trying to figure out the stethoscope, too. Just called my brother with a medical question tonight.  I’m sure Cole would love another doctor in the family, to share in the responsibility of answering all our family’s medical questions.  No pressure, Clark!

_DSC1194_DSC1166_DSC1150_DSC1174_DSC1193

2 comments:

Ashley Matteo said...

firs of all love the pics as always. u do such a great job with the natural light in your house and with the angles. and yes i do think you will need a seminary degree and caroline may be able to study right along with you, what a smart and intuitive little girl. and lastly, wow, you are doing great with the sewing. my mom got me a sewing machine for Christmas and tonight she came into town and it was the first time i had even taken it out of the box or made and i made my first stitch in my whole life. i was happy that i sewed together two bandanas for a small throw pillow for lukes room. those skirts and appliques are so cute. i will definitley be on sticking to the basics on sewing for now.

The York Family said...

Keep the tutorials coming (especially for boys!). I got a sewing machine for Christmas and need to get to work :) The only thing I've accomplished thus far are burp cloths, but I'll get to making jonjons and longalls soon?!