Monday, December 3, 2012

O Christmas Tree 2012 and such

While I’m dumping pics off my camera, here are a few from Thanksgiving:
I forgot my camera, so no pics of Huntsville Thanksgiving.  I only took pics of our jaunt to the mountains at the the Hales. We went to Tellico and drove up to Bald River Falls, it was so cold and Caroline refused to get out of the car.  It may be a looooooooong winter for Caro, unless it is a warm winter.  The rest of us enjoyed the scenery, it is really beautiful there and is so close to Josh’s parents house (and the North Carolina line).  I look forward to driving back up there in the spring.
_DSC0091_DSC0098_DSC0113
We ventured to Old Baker Farm to cut a Christmas Tree on Saturday.  After Caroline’s asthma and allergies acted up so badly the year before last, we decided to go with an artificial tree last year.  The lights stopped working two weeks into December and Caroline was still as miserable as ever.  So I did some research and my sweet cycle instructor (of 8+ years) Lisa who is a Christmas tree expert after growing up on Old Baker Farm, suggested a Leland Cypress for asthma/allergies.  So we headed that way to cut our own (aka Griswold Christmas vacation). 
_DSC0124_DSC0134
determined to find the right tree_DSC0137_DSC0149Of course they like the ones that were as big as The White House Christmas tree._DSC0188_DSC0192
So many trees…so many decisions!!_DSC0223
It really was fun and 70 degrees which made Caroline extra happy!  Donkey drawn carriage rides were also a big hit with the kids.
_DSC0226_DSC0236_DSC0237_DSC0255_DSC0263
TIMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_DSC0271_DSC0287_DSC0291_DSC0301_DSC0308_DSC0324  Clark really wanted to take our tree home in a red truck just like his shirt.  He kept saying ‘I need my red truck!’
_DSC0336_DSC0347
We picked out an ornament for an ornament exchange and Clark spotted this tractor one.  He did not pitch a fit, but instead whispered in my ear, ‘momma, I please have that tractor one?’  about three times.  I finally caved and he is so proud of HIS ornament.
_DSC0350_DSC0370_DSC0374
We were all decked out in some Christmas attire for church on Sunday.
_DSC0378_DSC0408_DSC0410Today we met some church friends at the fire station for a little tour of the fire truck.  Clark was all about driving it!_DSC0422_DSC0425

No comments: