Ask my two year old son why God made him and he will answer ‘for He Glory!’ His grammar isn’t great, but he is exactly correct. Although, honestly through my own brokenness I often lose sight of that truth. After mission trips, feeding the homeless, visiting shelters and watching Half The Sky you see the raw brokenness in this world. In my heart I know that we are all made in His image to bring Him glory. But you can see first hand how easily hope can be lost if your basic needs are not being met. So how can sustainable change be brought about to help so many oppressed and vulnerable people and how does Noonday help? The eye opening book When Helping Hurts by Steve Corbett & Brian Fikkert talk about sustainable change or “development is a process of ongoing change that moves all the people involved – both the “helpers” and the “helped” – closer to being in right relationships with God, self, and the rest of creation. In particular, as the materially poor develop, they are better able to fulfill their calling of glorifying God by working and supporting themselves and their families with the fruits of their work. Development is not done TO people or FOR people but WITH people. The key dynamic in development is promoting the empowering process in which all the people involved – both the “helper” and the “helped” become more of what God created them to be.” Noonday does precisely that, it develops equitable, long-term relationships with our trading partners. We know the artisans by name. We know their stories and share them for His glory! It provides dignified work for the “helper” and the “helped”. Your Noonday purchase affirms to the artisans that God has indeed “placed good gifts in every community.” One question I’m often asked is how much is given back to the artisans? 0%!!! Wow, that makes me squirm a bit. Instead, we purchase items from the artisans upfront. They receive 2-4 times what they would receive in a local marketplace. Sustainable change and beautiful redemptive work for His glory!
If you live in my area and are interested in hosting a trunk show, I would love to chat with you. It really is easy and a great way to partner with Noonday to help introduce your friends and family making purchases that count.
Now onto the giveaway! I am giving away one of my personal favorites, The Violet Horn Bracelet, it is made with love in Uganda by Anita. Here is Anita’s story:
Here is the beautiful bracelet:
To enter just leave a comment below. Thank you!
45 comments:
Love this and the work you are doing! May you continue to blessed in your obedience to him, dear friend!
Beautiful! That's such an awesome thing to be involved with.
awe your children are adorable!! Thanks for blogging!! Your son has it right- it truly is for Gods glory!Amen! I just signed on as an ambassador in Pa, and Im pumped as a mom of 3 & now stepping out in faith & adopting in Ethiopia ( knees shaking) Im just thanking God for bringing noonday into my life & being a tool for Him! God Bless
thank you for doing so much to help those in need! may God bless your family!
BEAUTIFUL.
Love the company and the awareness they are creating! And it doesn't hurt that all the products they sell are fantastic!
I have experienced the frustration of feeling like no matter what or how much you do, there is still so much more that needs to be done! It can be overwhelming, but I like this approach -- of being in partnership with these artisans. Regardless of the money being brought in, the need for feeling productive and worthwhile is being fulfilled as well. Very empowering! (And your little boy is in tune with God, for sure!)
Love Noonday - both their purpose & their products!
Thank you for sharing Anita's voice and your own... amazing to see God use all parts of this organization! Beautiful bracelet, too!
Loved reading about your family, how Noonday has impacted your life, and this new adoption adventure for you! :)
Beautful! Bracelet is gorgeous too.
Lovely bracelet for an incredible cause!
You expressed the concepts behind Noonday very clearly and concisely. Thank you. Beautiful bracelet.
love this!
Great post and beautiful bracelet!
Love the company and all its meaning. And this bracelet is gorgeous!
love it!
I'm so excited for you and this next step in your life to bring God glory through your words and work! I love the products and would definitely be interested in hosting a show in the spring! :)
The bracelet is gorgeous...I love the wine color :-)
gmiller@schiffcpa.com
Love the bracelet and the wonderful work that Noonday is a part of!
Love the bracelet, and love Noonday and everything it supports!!!
Love what Noonday does! And this beautiful bracelet.
--Hallie
Beautiful bracelet, beautiful story and awesome company!
Susan
Beautiful bracelet & love the work you're doing!!
Would love to win this bracelet. Have enjoyed the Noonday blog train so far!
love noonday and everything the ministry does for God's people. however, i especially love your heart and how you are using this ministry opportunity to teach your children about loving others
Very inspiring!!
Gorgeous! What a great mission noonday is!!
Beautiful♥♥♥love you blog
Thank you so much for sharing your heart and your story!
Beautifully written! This sounds like a great company to be involved with. The bracelet is beautiful! I'm thinking I might want to host a show this Spring!
Beautiful post and beautiful bracelet! Love Noonday!
Beautiful jewelry. I am a friend of your MIL. Debbie Allmon
Thanks for a great blog post! I love Noonday and its mission.
Beautiful story and bracelet!
Love this company and your post!!
Carrie
Love Noonday so much and that bracelet is gorgeous!
You are the winner!!
So glad I learned about noonday from a friend. What a beautiful mission! Thanks for sharing your story, and for the giveaway!
Enjoyed reading your story!
-Alyson Elder (Alysonelder@hotmail.com)
love the purpose behind Noonday and all the opportunities it provides!
I love the story of Noonday so so much and I love hearing all of the stories of the ambassadors... each is so inspiring!!! And the pieces are simply amazing!!!
Post a Comment