Monday, May 13, 2013

Congratulations Dr. Toline!

My little brother is officially Dr. Eric Coleman Toline, M.D.!  I am one proud big sister.  It was a very special moment for our family.  My dad was stuck in Huntsville with work, so my sister, mom, and I had the honor of hooding him.  I never really thought I would have the honor of hooding someone, but I was more than overjoyed to do it. I remember the day my mom found out she was pregnant with him.  My sister and I were dancing around we were so excited.  The day he was born, my dad skated into the waiting room to delightedly tell us the news, ‘IT’S A BOY!!’  Could not think of a time I have ever seen my dad more excited than the day Cole was born.  He was the biggest and cutest baby I had ever seen.  He survived two doting sisters, which is nothing short of a miracle in itself.  I distinctly remember my mom taking a walk around the neighborhood and my sister and I hearing Cole cry decided we could heat up him bottle in the microwave and give it to him.  When my mom came in and found us feeding him…she was irate.  We assured her that we tested the temperature on my arm.  Growing up, Cole was quite possibly the best brother and little boy anyone could ask for.  He was so sweet, cuddly, funny, smart, sporty, and shy.  In kindergarten he drew a family portrait and drew himself with a halo.  It was pretty accurate!  It was an honor to hood this man who has worked so hard to become a doctor.  I keep him in my constant prayers as he starts the next leg of his journey, residency in New Orleans.  So proud of you, Cole!

_DSC0067_DSC0059_DSC0061_DSC0062_DSC0064_DSC0070_DSC0071_DSC0072_DSC0074_DSC0077

Our cousin Zachary and Cole.  The lawyer and the doctor.  I feel like an underachiever.

_DSC0080_DSC0085_DSC0086_DSC0093_DSC0095_DSC0097_DSC0102_DSC0106_DSC0116_DSC0119_DSC0122

No comments: