Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Around here

I had dinner with two sweet friends tonight to celebrate Cortney's upcoming new arrival sweet Sarah Taylor. Cort informed me that I had not blogged since sometime in September (she actually knew the date). This blog is for you!

Lately we've been helping friends celebrate their 3rd birthdays, trying to stay busy while dad has been in and out of town quite a bit, going to ballet, the playground, and MDO. Clark is now sleeping in his own bed. I've lost 5 pounds just having to run up and down the steps so much. I think he may be teething, because he has been waking up more than usual. He is still super sweet and pretty easy. Caroline keeps me smiling, laughing, and thinking all at the same time. She is very into Christian music and asks 'is this song about God?' She 'knows' what Jesus looks like from her storybook Bible and other depictions, but asked me 'what does God look like?' She pulled Clark's legs today while I was holding him and it was really out of character, because she is usually sweet with him. I corrected her, but not very harshly and Clark didn't seem upset. She took it upon herself to go into our bedroom and I heard her talking. She came out and apologized and said that she prayed for God to forgive her and that she does not want to do that anymore. Love the heart of a child, she teaches me so much. Now I must go and get some rest before my 3AM or earlier wake-up call:) I will leave you with some random pics from yesterday...



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious picures and precious big sister!

Ashley Matteo said...

love the pics and love carolines sweet heart

McKinney Madness said...

YAY!! I'm so excited to see your new post! I can't tell you how much last night's dinner meant to me. Talking to you and Christy was such a comfort and peace for my soul- I love you girls so much!! The pics of Clark and Caroline are adorable!