Thursday, October 18, 2012

Orphans, poverty stricken, oppressed…hope in fashion?

On my first mission trip, my eyes were opened.  Opened to another world.  A world where poverty and oppression reign. A place that seemed forgotten by our modern world.  My heart was broken.  I felt like just by being born into a middle class family in America, that I had won the lottery and wasn’t sharing my earning with anyone but other lottery winners.  I returned back to my suburban church going bubble, but I felt a need to do something.  Several years later, I read David Platt’s book Radical.  It made me think once again about the need in our world.  A need for God and a need for sustainable change.  Then, Josh and I watch the PBS documentary, Half the Sky.  Life changing.  Must watch, must read, must join the movement. 
So I started researching and praying about what I could do as wife and mother.  I read about the Noonday Collection and I was immediately interested in their mission, their story, and their beautiful handmade products.  So I contacted them to find out more.  The owner, Jessica Honegger said that it was ‘so God’ that I contacted them, because they were praying for someone to reach the Birmingham area.  So now I am officially a Noonday Collection Ambassador.  I am honored and thankful for the opportunity to create a marketplace for the men and women working their way out of poverty.  It is beautiful redemptive work.  Their mission is from Isaiah 58:10 “if you satisfy the needs of the oppressed, your night will be like the noonday.” The stories of the artisans and the life changing role Noonday is playing is powerful!  I have attached one, so please read.
 Uganda_artisan_story_2
If you are interested in learning more about the products and company (visit:  www.aliciahale.noondaycollection.com) OR  if you want to host a trunk show before the holidays please contact me at aliciahale07@gmail.com
By hosting a trunk show, you can style your friends while making a lasting difference in the lives of these vulnerable population plus you get free fun stuff!  OR if you (or a friend) are in the process of adopting, Noonday Collection will give you 10% in cash towards your adoption.  My first trunk show is at my house next week, October 27th @ 6:30, so come and check out the goods or better yet, send me an email to schedule a trunk show!
Beauty {distinctive accessories handcrafted with love}
Transparency {know the story behind your purchase}
Opportunity {create a path out of poverty for artisans, place orphans in families}
FALL5Fall2012.4scarf ikatScreen shot 2011-11-21 at 9_36_25 AM
Wear a story {Change a life}
I hope you are as excited about Noonday Collection as I am!  Visit my website, Christmas is just around the corner www.aliciahale.noondaycollection.com

No comments: