Saturday, August 24, 2013

Kindergarten

There is no doubt in my mind that this little girl, Caroline Evans is a special gift from God.  I really thought I had life 'all figured' out until this little girl entered my world in December of 2007.  She rocked it, to say the least…and continues to.  I joke and say that she has been high maintenance from the beginning, but so have I.  I always thought of myself as a 'working mom' and thought it would be no problem to drop her off at daycare, go and teach my students.  Well, God had other plans for our family.    She was a TERRIBLE baby and would have been kicked out of daycare in a week.  When I had to go back to finish out the year Josh, my mom, Mimi, and the Stewarts ALL took turns keeping her.  Pretty much every time i called to check on her she would be screaming.  Whomever would be walking and bouncing her on laying with her on their chest sleeping not moving an inch at the fear she would wake up.  At 9 months we discovered she had an egg allergy and me eating omelets and cereal everyday were not helping matters any.  She had a rough start.  But all the while God was using her to speak to my heart.  I could not depend on Josh, the doctors, friends, neighbors, church family or my mom to get me through (although they all helped)…all I had was HIM.  I have been brought to my knees in desperation, tears have streamed from my eyes, and I have felt very helpless.  I have been humbled.  She has also brought me my greatest joys and sense of purpose.
 Ephesians 3:14-21 says it so well:  For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith-that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus though out all generations, forever and ever, Amen.
Well they say the days are long, but the years are short.  "They" are not kidding.  I never really thought this day would be coming so soon, but Caroline started kindergarten.  She is loving it.  Clark and I are missing her and are usually lined up at 12:20 to pick her up at carpool.  We dropped sis off at school the other morning I had the windows down so we could wave to her (dangerous considering my driving record).  Clark said 'I love that sis, hope she has a great day."  She was having asthma (asthma I hate you, btw) trouble the other night.  So randomly while driving down the road, Clark says out of the blue 'I hope sis feeling okay at school.'  God uses these kids to speak to my heart everyday…removing my heart of stone and replacing it with flesh.  Love these kids!

Caroline's meet the teacher...tries to set up her teacher with Uncle Cole.  She wants some girl cousins and is now resorting to desperate measures.  She asked her teacher if she was married.  She said "no."  Caroline replied with a...Well my Uncle Cole isn't married either.  Maybe you could marry him.  He is nice, tall, and handsome.  Poor sweet, precious, young teacher, didn't know what to say.  Kicker...Caroline then said "and he's a DOCTOR!"  Big guns!  She brought 'em!  Welcome to Caroline, Miss Zachow!  Praying for you!  This girl will keep you on your TOES and she stays on hers, too!

So here we are, in kindergarten and embracing the season of life we are in right now.

A pre-kindergarten photo shoot the other morning:
DSC0754
DSC0756DSC0757 2DSC0781DSC0685DSC0660DSC0647DSC0590DSC0568 2
First day of Kindergarten:

DSC0046DSC0065

We love you Caroline Evans and thank God for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is precious!

Unknown said...

Alicia! This post brought tears to my eyes. Such a sweet sweet tribute to your girl. Love her!!