Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is it worth a sore thumb?

Caroline's bows were getting pretty ratty looking, so I decided that we would head over to Smith's Variety to pick up some ribbon for some new bows. Then we headed over to Nadeau's for a new table for our living room. Then we got to playgroup and someone was fussy and tired! I wonder why? She was good as gold at Smith's and Nadeau's... Anyway, here are the fruits of my labor, 5 bows to match her late summer/fall wardrobe. I used a technique that Debbie Stewart taught me awhile back, thanks Debbie. The bows are actually sewn together. I still need to learn some tricks on how to fasten them to the clips painlessly, because my thumb suffered a minor burn. I think it's worth it though! My model is napping, so these pictures will have to do for now.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Good job on those cute bows! Those are cuter than the ones I see at the baby boutiques!

me said...

Cute! I'm determined to learn how to do this too...Do you glue gun them to the barrette? Do you get all your supplies at Smiths? Would love to get together so you can tutor me;)

Shannon said...

Those look great! Now, you need to help me :)

Alicia said...

Sure, I'll gladly tutor!

newmanfamily said...

Great job! We are finally getting to the stage of wearing bows since Clara has hair now. If I can just get her to leave them in, we lost one at the store today!