Sunday, November 29, 2009

90th Birthday Party

My grandmother turned 90 earlier this month, but her birthday party was Saturday. So after Thanksgiving lunch we headed to Collegeside for her party. My grandmother is one remarkable 90 year old lady. She is sharp as a tack, drives around town in her cadillac, works out two to three times a week, is involved in DAR (and many, many other clubs), and never misses a church service (or a tea/shower). She loves a party and did not sit down for one minute of hers, she had to greet everyone:) The turn out was amazing, she is very well loved!

As soon as we came in Caroline walked over to be as close to her great-grandmother as possible. We told Caroline that it was her 'to you' (as she calls birthday parties), so I think this was her way of wishing her a Happy Birthday! My grandmother thinks that Caroline favors her through the eyes:)


I took a break from taking pictures (Josh took over). So here's some proof I was actually there! This is my sister, Amanda and I. We both got to know MawMaw even better when we went to college at TTU and lived with her and my grandfather. So Cookeville feels like a home away from home. It was also nice to see so many familiar faces from when we went to church at Collegeside during college.


My grandmother and I.


Amanda and her boys, Caroline, MawMaw, and me (with my growing bump).
Happy 90th Birthday, Edith Evans!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

McKinney Madness said...

Your sweet MawMaw... I'm so glad to hear that she's doing well! You look gorgeous in those pictures and I LOVE that sweater!!