Sunday, September 12, 2010

Clark's Dedication

Today Clark was dedicated to the Lord. The verse we chose for him was Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' This was my prayer during his delivery. I just pray that Clark will never forget the incredible plans that God has for him. Both sets of grandparents came to celebrate and enjoy brunch. It was a great way to spend grandparents day. I love the perspective they offer in parenting and the love they have for Caroline and Clark. They are blessed with two sets of loving grandparents. Talking to my dad about being a parent is always refreshing. He is quick to tell any and everyone that his greatest joy in life comes from being a father. He never ceases to tell me (or my siblings) how proud he is of us and how much he loves us. Many times I am just trying to make it through the day, but God really did give us the gift of these two precious children for a reason. I just pray that they know how much Josh and I love them, as imperfect as we may be and that it gives them a glimpse at the infinite love that God has for them and purpose He has for their lives.




During the prayer at Clark's dedication...Caroline likes to check and see who has their eyes closed.

Happy guy!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

catherine said...

looks like fusion really represented! I am so sad that Brent and I weren't there. Clark looks so cute. That Christening gown was beautiful!

The Cosby's said...

What a beautiful family! Glad you had a great Sunday celebrating Clark's life and enjoying family!! Sorry I called and bothered but the first thing that I told Shaun when all the emergency vehicles passed was, "I sure hope Josh, Alicia, & the kids are okay". Of course I didn't want anyone else to be harmed either but I had to hear it wasn't any of you.

Ashley Matteo said...

yay i was so excited to see pics already. you got some great ones but i especially love the family pic(i know how hard it is to get a good one)

The Penter Family said...

Couldn't agree more with your thoughts on parenthood. AND that picture of C looking around during the prayer cracks me up!

Lindy said...

They are both beautiful! Such sweet blessings! Praise God for them both!

McKinney Madness said...

Such a sweet family picture! I'm so happy for you guys and wish you all the best!

Shannon said...

Precious pictures! Clark is adorable :)