Thursday, May 12, 2011

10

Today is our 10 year wedding anniversary! I can’t believe they let a 14 year old and 12 year old get married, where were our parents? Anyway, I feel incredibly blessed to be married to such a wonderful man. I thank God everyday for Josh. He is an incredible father and husband. I cannot read this verse without thinking of Josh,


"Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love you, Josh.


_DSC0146


Our wedding day, May 12, 2001


_DSC0149Our 5 year anniversary trip, 2006


Looking forward to our 10 year trip just around the corner. He had to be in DC today, so he worked with Caroline to arrange a little surprise for me. This morning during breakfast he called and had Caroline and I go to the closet, open his t-shirt drawer to retrieve a very small box. The box contained a pair of beautiful sapphire and diamond earrings. So very thoughtful.


Tonight I had hot a date with my other main squeeze, Clark (and Caroline) at Chick-fil-A. Clark was terrified of the eat more chicken cow walking around the restaurant, refused to eat and screamed his head off until he was snuggled up against me. We miss you, Josh:)

5 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Happy Anniversary! There's nothing better than getting to spend it with the Chick-Fil-A cow! Ha!

Ashley Matteo said...

happy anniversary! i saw this big date on our prayer calendar yesterday and thanked God for blessing yall's marriage. i pray for many many more decades of love together! i hope josh makes it back home safe to be with you. cant wait to see those pretty earings!

Totally Thompson said...

Love this post!! Made me laugh and smile!!;) congrats on ten years!!! And I can't wait to see the earrings! Now where are you going for the fun 10 year anniversary?!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Ummm hilarious that post before was from me!! I'm on my friends iPad so it put her name for my post!!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more blessed years! Very sweet of Josh hiding the earrings for you! He needs to talk to Chris.. and you all do look about 12 and 14 in that wedding pic! Love you guys Heather