Psalm 103:13
As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
I am very thankful for the wonderful father that Josh is to our children. Both Caroline and Clark are so crazy about him, and the feeling is mutual. He is one busy man, but he always makes time to listen to, talk to, play with, and show he loves both our children. I am thankful that Clark has such a wonderful role model. I cannot fail to mention the men in his life that help to mold him into the man he is today (and some from mine).
John Marion Casteel his beloved maternal grandfather who just lived down the road from Josh and was always investing in him. Josh has so many wonderful memories with him. (love how only the men in this picture seem happy, big sister Heather is wondering where her John Deere tractor is?)
Three generations of Hale men, unfortunately I do not have a picture of John, Sr. and never had the privilege of meeting him, but I know by listening to stories and observing Papa John and Josh that he must have been a great man as well. (I will fill in more information and hopefully a picture later). I want to thank John for being such a great dad to Josh and a wonderful grandfather to our children.
Since the recent passing of my grandmother (who is holding me in this picture), I wanted to include this picture of my dad (holding big sis, Amanda). My father has utmost respect and admirations of my great-grandmother, Mother Mac (pictured in the middle). I believe that her influence on his life and his close relationship with his mother as well, helped him to be the best dad a little girl could ask for. He is still to this day my biggest fan, the eternal optimist, most selfless person I know, and LOVES his children (and doesn’t ever fail to tell us). If I ever have any good news, he is the first person I call. He just gets to excited, love that about him! Thank you, dad for your sacrificial love. I love you! As you can tell, I’m a bit of a daddy’s girl.
My paternal grandfather, Doc Toline. I am so thankful that Josh had the opportunity to get to know my grandfather so well while we were in college. He was one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. His sense of humor still has me laughing. Since he was raised on a ranch by immigrant parents he had an impeccable work ethic and sense of adventure. I’m still surprised that we made in home from Europe in 2000. He truly listened, truly cared, and even came to Birmingham to speak to my French students. I learned to much for this very special man. I miss him and love him so very much.
Eldon Crowe, my maternal grandfather (Amanda in the stripes, Cole (the blonde), and I’m in pink). I love this picture, because this is exactly how I remember my grandfather. He was always outside working in his garden, tinkering with something, giving us tractor rides, or enjoying the breeze on the back porch. I fondly remember him hiking through the woods with me gathering leaves for a leaf project I did in the 3rd grade. He also would use chalk lines to make hopscotch lines for Amanda and I. There is a step hill on the back of the property and he would cut boxes for us to slide down the hill. He is loved and missed.
Happy Father’s Day!

4 comments:
That last picture of you with your maternal grandfather...wow! You and Caroline look so much alike as children! Sweet post!
I think I am peeking through in that tractor pic as well. Very nice tribute to the father's in your lives!
Lori
I love this!! It is so sweet and of course I cried. Caroline looks just like you in the second picture. I will get you a picture of John's dad. Mimi
great tribute to the many wonderful men in your life. on a sidenote, i always thought caroline was a good mix between you and josh but after seeing pics of you as a child yall look identical.
Post a Comment