This was Josh’s first pumpkin patch experience. So we decided to go to my all time favorite, Old Baker Farm in Harpersville. I think the kids were ready to move to the country. They LOVED it! Here they are checking out the animals in the barn.
Hayride out to the pumpkin patch. Clark was very into the tractor!
Caroline was on a mission to find the perfect pumpkins. She directed Josh exactly where to go. Clark was more interested in just checking out everything.
Caroline ‘had to have’ that Cinderella pumpkin.
Picking cotton…
Then Josh left for Paris. Our neighbor brought over some yummy Gigi cupcakes for us just as Josh was pulling out of the driveway, so no tears were shed! I’m the one who really wanted to cry. I want to be there so badly. I miss Paris. Gigi’s cupcakes softened the blow a bit. Thank you Cathy!!! She gets the best neighbor award. As Caroline was eating her cupcake she said, ‘ I love our neighbors. I don’t ever, ever, ever want to move. I want to stay here forever!’ She might change her tune when college rolls around, but maybe not Samford is always an option;)
We headed over to our Community Group Tailgate Party. We were supposed to wear ‘team colors’ the kids were able to wear their pumpkin patch orange outfits for Tennessee. Caroline sang Rocky Top with Adair, fun times! We all had a blast. We are very blessed to be surrounded by such a wonderful group of people. I am so thankful for our church and our Community Group. Oh and Clark was being a little ham. Caroline was too busy in the bouncy house and on the trampoline to do much else. Thank you Hank and Brecca for a fabulous party!!
And now the big ‘gulp’:
I was talking to Caroline on the way home about making good choices. I love that she is quick to confess and quick to ask for forgiveness. We chatted about how she is still learning how to make good choices and how we have to learn from our mistakes. She added, ‘Clark is still learning, too.’ I agreed and said that I’m still learning how to be a better mom everyday. She added, ‘me too!!!!’ I asked ‘How to be a better mom, really?’ She convicted me right there, ‘Yes, mom I’m learning all about how to be a mom, from you!!!!’ GULP!!
3 comments:
What great pictures!! You are a great Mom and example for Caroline.
Mimi
love the pumpkin patch pictures. there were some great ones of you, which is nice since you're usually the one taking the pics. glad yall had fun and it was great seeing you at brecca's.
LOVE the pictures! Their outfits are so cute...they sort of remind me of the Sound of Music outfits :) Also really like your cute red scarf AND I think you are an awesome mom!
Post a Comment