This time of year I get pretty sentimental about our neighborhood. When we moved here we were the only house here and I was very, very pregnant with Caroline. It was a lonely place, but we were excited about the possibility of new neighbors and neighborhood activities. Then the recession hit and we weren’t sure we the piles of dirt and empty lots would ever go away, I was anxious, but God was teaching me patience. Slowly, but surely several neighbors moved in, but for over two and a half years the lot directly across from our house was vacant. I prayed that God bring a sweet family, with kids to be our neighbors. As days, weeks, months, and years ticked by, I was beginning to lose hope. God was faithful and brought our sweet, sweet neighbors, the O’Hares. There is rarely a day that goes by without us chatting and/or the girls playing. It is like living in a dorm again, we are back and forth in and out of each others houses all day. Sharing recipes, chatting about our latest pins, and just sharing life. Some days I want to move to the country or move closer into town, but really can’t imagine my life without my neighbors. We are so thankful for the people God has placed in our path. Today we enjoyed an Egg Hunt at the neighborhood green space. Looking forward to celebrating our Risen Savior tomorrow!
Bella and Caroline enjoyed ‘hiding’ the eggs for the little kids.
The girls just watching the little kids, waiting patiently for their turn.
Clark was not really in the mood to hunt. He was more in the mood to just hang out with Dad and check out airplanes and birds.
Tonight we went to the O’Hares to do a little egg dying. It was Caroline’s first egg dying experience. We will be the ones at church tomorrow with dyed hands, but definitely worth it, so fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment