Monday, August 9, 2010

Caroline lately

Lately, Caroline has been increasing her vocabulary at a remarkably rapid rate. One of the main reasons, I believe, is because she is CONSTANTLY asking 'What you said, mommy?' This past weekend on our way to drop off the kids in Huntsville, Josh was about to go nuts because she asked us that about 300 times. She wants to hear EVERY word that you say. I find it endearing, she really tries to absorb everything.
While my parents were keeping her and Clark for us she had an amusing exchange with Papa Eric that I want to record: She was singing 'Someday my prince will come' and my dad started singing along with her (being the dad of two girls, he is well versed in princess songs). She told my dad 'no' that his prince is NOT coming. My dad said his princess came, 'JuJu' and she said 'JuJu is NOT a princess.' (I'm not sure what her definition of a princess is, but I think it has something to do with the length of your hair). She also thinks that Josh is her prince charming and that someone took his crown. Sometimes she looks around and tries to find it. She also thinks I need to find a prince of my own, because she doesn't want to share Josh (her prince). Then she got on my mom's little laptop and was scrolling through her blog. She was scrolling down the header and scrolled until it looked like Clark only had one eye. She showed JuJu practically crying, saying 'it's so sad, Clark only has one eye.' Then she'd scroll back up and say 'oh yea, now he has two!' That's how silly this little girl can be.
Last night just Caro and I went to the grocery store and she was ever so helpful. On the way home she wanted to windows down (a mommy and Caroline grocery outing tradition), her bow out, and her hair blowing in the wind. When Dave Barnes "God gave me you" came on; she wanted the volume up and was singing her little heart out. Then she told me, "God gave me you, mommy. Thanks God." I believe God gave us Caroline. She is definitely trying at times, but her spirit is so sweet. Love, love, love this sweet little girl and thank God for her everyday; she is teaching me so much.

Helping me eat my apple.


She loves to look at her 'homecoming' picture. She always says 'awww...I was so tiny!'



Then she got my grandfather's old French book for me to read to her. A little Madeline in the making.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

McKinney Madness said...

I love to read about the funny things C has been saying lately. She is so funny!! Might I mention how CRAZY it was that I saw you guys in Florence this past weekend?? I haven't been to Ricatoni's in YEARS and we decided to go Friday night. How funny! Hope ya'll had a good time!!

Ashley Matteo said...

how precious. im so glad you are keeping u[ with those conversations and sweet moments because you will love to look back and remember. she does have such a sweet spirit!

Anonymous said...

Love her smile and cute personality!

Jamie Grizzle said...

Aw! Those are the sweetest little stories. I am glad you are documenting them so you won't forget and so that we can read them. She is such a little cute!