Clark's nursery is about 75% complete. I'm still waiting on the frame I ordered for the vintage print over the crib, it is supposed to be here on the 21st! Yet if he decides to come tomorrow he has a place to sleep, clothes to wear, and a place to have his diaper changed. I wish I had taken some before pictures, because Josh painted my childhood dresser and put new hardware on it (it's hardly recognizable). I wanted to use as many meaningful vintage pieces as possible so when I found an old pond yacht made by Eldon (my maternal grandfather's name) I just had to buy it. I also found an old oar to use in the room. Everytime Caroline sees the oar, she says 'bad lady use that in Snow White.' We are constantly amazed at the associations she makes and sure enough she is right, the evil stepmother uses an oar... Anyway, then Josh's mom gave me a ton of stuff from when Josh was little. The little bubble was Josh's coming home outfit. As well as the baby shoes...saddle oxfords, nonetheless. I love that Mimi still had Josh's baseball glove, too (as well as lots of blankets, quilts, and sweet things made for him by his grandmothers). I also included a favorite childhood picture of my sweet paternal grandfather at the age of two on his family ranch with a cow. Caroline loves this picture, too. I've included some empty frames and linen pinboards that I can't wait to fill up with pictures of Clark:) Ashley, notice the frame you gave Clark is right beside the sailboat (love it)!! That's all for now...maybe one day it will be 100%.




7 comments:
Can't wait to meet him! I would love to bring dinner sometime and I promise this time it won't be pizza :) And Caroline is welcome at "her friends' house" anytime!
oh wow the nursery looks great. im glad you like the frame and cant wait to see newborn pictures of clark. i especially love all the vintage and family heirlooms that make his room so special and classic. and all the baby boy clothes look adorable; your house will soon get a makeover from the pretty pinks and princesses, but it will be so much fun. the picture of you is outstanding; you look great and the lighting is perfect
The nursery looks great! You did a wonderful job... as I knew you would!
So exciting!!! Can't wait to see pictures! Blessings to you for a safe and quick delivery!!!
I can't wait! Please keep me updated!! The nursery is AWESOME!! It has the perfect Alicia touch ( just like I knew it would)!
The nursery is beautiful! You look great as well!
It is funny about the oar because Burt and John saw a snake at the river on Saturday. John got really scared and Burt tried to explain to him that it was one of God's creatures and even though they are dangerous he didn't need to be so scared. John's response was, "What about that mean snake in Jungle Book?"
Alicia, everything you decorate is so cute! I know you're so excited about that little munchkin and I can;t wait to see him myself. By the way...that last picture of you is beautiful!...as always :) Thanks for the tip on my blog. I'm trying to learn. DO you ever go to any workshops around here? I would really like to go so I can actually have some teach me a few things. If you ever do, let me know because I would love to go.
Post a Comment